Hey gang, long time no see! I went to take a two week break, and the next thing I knew it had been over a month. Apologies if you were left wondering where your weekly Frownland had run off to! I promise, it’s returning next week. I also wanted to tell you about a new project that I’ve been working on for the last year, which is one of the reasons my sabbatical went into overtime: it's a long form comic, which is now nearly fifty pages long, and required a lot of artistic growth on my end! I don't want to say much more, other than that it's very different from Frownland, I'm quite proud of it, and I can’t wait to share it with you! However, there is a downside: as much as I desperately want to, I can’t juggle both comics at the same time. So after a bit of soul searching, I've decided that although I’ll be posting Frownland again starting next week, this will only be until mid-August, and then I must sadly step back to make room for this new venture. Is Frownland gone for good? Probably not, and I hope to be able to return to it in the future. The last five years have been some of the most creatively rewarding of my life, and in the process I’ve made a lot of new friends, thrilled to the sight of my art being sold at two of my favorite bookstores, been sent dozens of pictures of my calendar hanging on your walls, and in general got to feel like I was doing something productive with my cartooning hobby. All of this means more to me than you will ever know! So until next time, thank you all so much for your support, and I hope you’ll join me and my further cartooning adventures in the near future. Your pal, Waylon

No comments:

Post a Comment